The assignment for today felt a little silly but I understand the purpose. I selected 3 people that I know that impacted my life in a meaningful way. Once I select the people, I have to tell them out loud how grateful I am and specifically how they impacted my life. Here are my three:
- My sister. My sister and I have always been close. Since we were little. We grew apart just after high school but we worked past that and now she’s my best friend. She’s judgment free. She’s understanding. She helps me to make an action plan. She teaches me to be a better parent. Most recently, she has reached out her love once again and offered to help me move out to Hawaii. 🙂 She is loving and compassionate, and knows when and how to give me the ass kicking I deserve. I am so grateful and thankful for her. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
- My kids. I know I have 800 kids but I am so grateful and thankful for having them! They have taught me to find joy in everything – not just in what we expect to bring us joy. The wonder and fascination with just everyday things, I find it remarkable. I have grown as a person, I have increased my patience, and they continue to refine my negotiation skills. Not to mention I can now project my voice down a whole city block. They make me smarter and faster and more dynamic because I always have to stay one step ahead of them! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
- My ex. I know: WTF?! But I have become a better person just by knowing him. Because of our 16 years together, I have learned how to be self-reliant, I’ve learned that if I can help someone, I should. Most of all, I’ve learned that taking care of yourself if vital if you expect to take care of others. I have also learned that it’s okay to accept that no matter how things used to be, it’s about what’s going on now that really matters. I am heartbroken in the most extreme sense about our separation because I am deeply in love with him to this day. I also understand that his behavior reflects that he doesn’t love me. And I’ve learned to love myself enough to let him go.
Tomorrow’s assignment is a little involved. Make a list of your top 10 desires. Write thank you three times before each one. “Thank you thank you thank you for _______!” Then with the use of your imagination, answer the following questions:
- What emotions did you feel when you received your desire?
- Who was the first person you told when you received your desire and how did you tell them?
- What is the first great thing you did when you received your desire? Include as much detail as you can in your mind.
Then reread the list with the ‘thank you’s emphasized.
This is also the day that we create a magic board. Some people refer to this as a vision board, an inspiration board, etc. It should have examples of everything that you want that’s good in your life.
The best thing about today was I got to visit with my neighbor for a little while. Though there are few that I actually consider my friend, she’s one of them! She’s a 5 foot tall rockabilly little bit of brilliance. We can chat for hours sometimes! I haven’t got to see her the last few weeks so it was great to chat.
Thank you all for reading my little blog! I’m still trying to raise funds for my kids’ trip and could really use your help, if you can. If you can’t help, please share my posts – maybe someone else can. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!